In a GL Communications’ Newsletter January edition providing information and insight into their latest enhanced MAPS™ SIP Protocol Emulator. The emulator will help a user to generate and receive SIP Signalling with traffic.
GL’s Message Automation & Protocol Simulation (MAPS™) designed for SIP testing can simulate User Agents (User Agent Client- UAC, User Agent Server-UAS), Proxy, Redirect, Registrar and Registrant servers. This test tool/traffic generator can be used to simulate any interface in a SIP network and perform protocol conformance testing (SIP protocol implementations).
It can also be used to simulate any interface of the VoIP network. Single MAPS™ instance can act as more than one SIP entity at a time and can generate any SIP message on wire in VoIP network and hence equipment needed to test are reduced. MAPS™ SIP supports UDP, TCP, TLS transport types. Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (or SRTP) traffic supported over TLS (Transport Layer Security) Transport and TLS Library (OpenSSL) uses a Certificate and Key.
Some of the Important Features
- Generates and processes SIP valid and invalid messages
- Supports complete customization of SIP headers, call flow, and messages
- Each SIP message template facilitates customization of the protocol fields and access to the various protocol fields from the scripts.
- Supports IPv4 /IPv6 and transport over UDP and TCP, and TLS for secure transport
- Handles Retransmissions of messages with specific interval
- Scripted call generation and call reception.
- Supports conference (third-party added), attended call transfer, and call forwarding.
- Supports transmission and detection of various RTP traffic such as, digits, voice file, single tone, dual tones, IVR, FAX, and Video in IP networks.
- Supports almost all industry standard codec types – G.711 (mu-Law and A-Law), G.722, G.729, G.726, GSM, AMR, EVRC, SMV, iLBC, SPEEX, and more. *AMR and EVRC variants require additional licenses. Click here for comprehensive information on supported codecs.
- Supports both RTP G.711 Pass Through Fax Simulation (PKS200) and T.38 Fax Simulation over UDPTL (PKS211) simulation over IP.
- Test IVR, and Instant messaging features.
- Transmit and receive pre-recorded video traces supporting video codecs like H.264, H.263, and VP8
- With normal RTP Maximum Simultaneous Calls – 2500, and Calls per Second – 250 (in high end server machines). Without RTP (only signaling) Maximum Simultaneous Calls – 70,000, and Calls per Second – 750 (in high end server machines)
- With MAPS™ HD RTP network appliance up to 20,000 endpoints per unit can be easily achieved (requires PKS109 and specialized hardware)
- Capability to generate more than 500 simultaneous video calls on Core i7 systems
- Enhanced with 64bit RTP support
- Support for T.38 Fax Simulation
- Support for TLS and SRTP
- Enhanced to support Java and Python CLI API’s
For comprehensive information on the application, please visit MAPS™ SIP Protocol Emulator web page.